Saturday, December 28, 2013

New Recipe...27º

Yesterday morning while trying to plan meals, I waited for Rusty to call saying he was on the road and would be in Joseph ???, so I would know what time to plan dinner...In the meantime Herb and I decided we would have breakfast for dinner...The call came from Rusty that he was having problems with his truck and headed back to Bend, definitely would not make it to Joseph for a few days.

Soooo, we stuck with the breakfast for dinner idea...Herb said he would cook bacon and I volunteered to do pancakes...As I reached for the milk, a carton of eggnog caught my eye...Darn I bought that to add to my coffee over a week ago and "forgot" it was there!..I said, "How about eggnog pancakes?"...He said, "Go for it."...Hmmm...Using my standby recipe, I started with flour, added some whole wheat flour, made a well, added soda, baking powder, sour cream, salt, sugar, one egg and with trepidation poured in the eggnog and stirred adding more eggnog as needed...Now for the test...The pancakes, light as air, puffed up and nearly floated off the griddle...They were so rich that turning them was difficult...I hadn't thought about the eggnog being much richer than plain milk, when I was mixing...Good thing I didn't add any oil to them...Herb ate his with lots of butter and applesauce, I had mine with butter and plum jam...He declared the recipe a keeper, I agreed!...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


They are about to float.

Bacon cooked to perfection.

A short stack.

Yummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment