Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Write People...9º

I braved the 9º temperature for this photo.
I was so busy getting ready for our Write People Christmas luncheon yesterday that I totally forgot to write my blog...I started in the bathroom with cleaning tools in hand, our new bathroom easy to clean, I soon moved to the kitchen sweeping and mopping floors, then to the living room where Herb helped me move our funky little Christmas tree to the front window and on and on...You all know the routine...About 3 hours later as I opened home canned veggies, broth, turkey and beans, then sliced and diced fresh celery, carrots, onions, parsley and cilantro dumped it all into a pot for turkey/vegetable soup so it could simmer for two hours while we visited and read...While I was in the kitchen Herb vacuumed through the house and voilà at 10am sharp the Write People arrived.

Our nearly 100 year old house has its own charm, built in the craftsman style, two-story with a front porch and a view of the Mountain...We have remodeled over the years, keeping the basic structure but adding our own touches to make it warm, comfortable and inviting...Our home for over 40 years... We raised our children here and nurtured our granddaughter on her yearly visits...Oh the memories this house holds.

My fellow writers were soon helping themselves to herbal tea, laced with real cream and honey, then we visited, laughed and read until the soup could wait no longer...The soup along with Janie's sourdough bread and Pam's fruit salad, filled our tummies and rejuvenated us for the afternoon, as my friends scattered with shouts of "Merry Christmas, see you next year."

Herb and I had errands to run and groceries to buy, arriving back home after the sun had set to our Barton Heights abode, inviting, toasty, comfortable, the place we call home...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment