Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Full Schedule...58º

Yesterday should have started with a blog but as you know it didn't happen...8am PT Appointment, Write Group with a potluck lunch to follow and Garden Club at 2pm...Dusty arrived at 7am, Joseph Electric coming at 7:30am and I had to make a small casserole before leaving for PT...Herb was chasing water etc, Rusty was browning lamb shanks and fixing a beef tongue to simmer along side the shanks (in its own pan) in a 300º degree oven for about 5 hours...H & R were both staying home to help Dusty and JE get the electrical stuff in the bathroom including a new exhaust fan, which we have never had before.

Aaron was ready for me at PT and had me out the door at 9:02...A quick trip back to Joseph, checked on the BR progress, then Herb helped me get stuff into the car for write group...I met fellow writers at the parking lot and car pooled to Pat's cabin where we read, laughed, critiqued and then came the best part as we dined on grommet potluck and celebrated birthdays with Janie's special zucchini chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting. 

Done just in time to speed back to Joseph, check BR progress, change my shirt and spend two hours in a park like setting of Ponderosa Pines with amazing gardens in progress. I visited with and exchanged ideas with fellow gardeners as we sipped a wonderful fruit punch and ate sugar cookies.

Arrived back home to the smell of dinner cooking, a glass of wine, the ice man filled with ice and water...My knee is forever thankful as it was saying maybe you should sit down and let the ice water flow...I did...Herb and Rusty ate without me (I had a big lunch) and I relaxed on the front porch and reviewed the days events with Pat via FaceTime...Thanks "Guys" for taking such good care of me!

Dusty is almost done with the bathroom!..Should finish up today after 3 1/2 weeks...The shower door is on order as the measurements have to be exact to the size of the opening so couldn't be done until the glass block was up...I'm sure there will be a fight for the first shower tonight with a makeshift shower curtain...OWAV:)


Starting the glass block wall

Oh what a mess!

Ta Dah!
Ceiling Fan

1 comment: