Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Orthopedic exam....48º

My appointment with the young, good looking orthopedic surgeon went okay...His piercing blue eyes never left my face as he poked, prodded, bent and twisted my knee, after he had looked at my MRI...Yes it was a torn and damaged meniscus...His trained fingers felt a foot long and knew right where to put pressure and get the most reaction from me...He explained that if he had seen me 2 months ago when the injury happened he would have prescribed the exact treatment of PT, ice, brace, watch and see how it healed, as has been done...He thought that in that length of time I should be farther along than I am and his thoughts were:  If I wanted to return to my active life. then cleaning the knee up with orthoscopic surgery would give me a better chance...Otherwise I would just continue to reinjure it until I would have to have surgery...He did caution me that with my "age" there was arthritis at work in the knee and surgery would not make that better but the cushion in my knee is still good so that is in my favor...Okay long story over, I am scheduled for surgery Tuesday Sept 25 in Enterprise...That gives me time to take care of any commitments (Mule Days) and finish up the fall canning.

Robin from the "Magic Garden" called and said she had extra pickling cukes, so I picked our patch added them to hers and Herb and I got 2 quarts and 3 pints done last night...He finished them up while I iced my knee.

I have bread to make this morning, get treasurers stuff ready to go to the bank and get those books turned over to the new Treasurer of Sorority...I'm taking a years leave from Sorority and maybe a total leave, will see how this year goes.

Talked to our girls yesterday, they had been to a movie, Ci is at practice every morning at 5:30 and is getting her stuff together to start school after Labor Day...Rusty is home in Bend, finishing up his building, maybe a camping trip over the weekend...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment