Saturday, August 11, 2012

 My PT appointment lasted over an hour yesterday as Aaron explained the MRI to me then puts me through the warmup and strengthening exercises...He is concerned about the swelling (bursitis) above  and behind my kneecap...He moves me to a treatment room, brings in the e-stim machine, gently attaches the pads to my knee, starts the pulsing, adds moist heat and lets me "simmer"...After 15 minutes he unhooks everything then massages the knee and surrounding tissue with "Sombra Jell" to finish the session..."Keep icing, exercising but not too much walking or standing on that leg and lets keep the brace on until next week and then we will start weaning you from that." He says all this with a smile...That smile and his sense of humor grabbed me in on the first day of PT...To my 69 year old eyes he looks about 10 years old, but after a month now I know he is a full fledged physical therapist (just finished his boards)...He grew up in a small town in Idaho, has a wife and 4 small children, furthered his education in Boise and moved to Enterprise just a couple of months ago when he was accepted for a position in the PT department...I think he has a great future ahead of him.

After PT I made a couple of quick stops at garage sales, then on home to my guys...Herb set the ice machine up for my knee, out on the front porch where I can be outside and in the shade ...Neighbor Marsha arrives using a cane because at the same time I injured my knee, she had a bicycle wreck and really messed up her ankle, which required surgery...So we commiserate while Herb and Rusty gather rhubarb for her to make into rhubarb/orange jam...Which is also on my agenda this morning!..I will stand for short periods of time, then elevate and ice the knee.

The three of us jumped in to help Dusty yesterday with tile in the bathroom...A pattern of small tiles is being used on the shower floor, bench and trim...The relatively easy but time consuming cutting up of small tiles of yellow and blue added to salt and pepper tiles making up the random pattern was delegated to us, so Dusty could get on with the more technical job of laying the tile.

Shower with trim

We had a quiet dinner of fresh grilled veggies and HB patties on the deck...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment