Sunday, August 19, 2012

I had a dream...58º

Literally, I had a dream this morning from about 5am to 6am...I made a bathroom call about 3am and then sleep eluded me until Herb got up about 5am and I stretched out across the bed and finally went back to sleep...I woke up at 6am calling Cienna's name and heard her answer "Oma I'm right here".

The dream started with my friend Debbie G. bringing a group of preschool children to "tour" our house for whatever reason, evidently she had ask my permission to do this but hadn't gotten back to me with a date...Bobi, Cienna, Rusty, Herb and I were still in our "jammies" enjoying our morning drinks when we heard voices at the front door...I opened the door to a swarm of ankle biters and watched in amazement as they seemed to be everywhere all at once, climbing over the sofa, up the stairs, through the kitchen and into the bathroom...I was herding them out the back door when I looked up and saw a van parked at the basement door and people unloading boxes into our basement...Our basement is sort of finished (it has a floor but is very rustic and small)...The basement suddenly took on a new life as it grew into a huge open space...Tables were set up, covered with linen tablecloths, china, crystal and sterling silverware and a band was set up in one corner...Then the food arrived: fresh pineapple, watermelon, crab, shrimp, prime rib, salads and breads of all kind...People arrived out of nowhere, men in suits and ties, women in party dresses and high heels and the "children" had not left and seemed to know them, they joined right in....The five of us still in our "jammies", mouths agape watched as everyone filled their plates and sat down to eat, oblivious to the five of us...Debbie was nowhere to be found!..Not to be left out we walked up to the buffet and reached for a plate, which was quickly snatched out of our hands as someone said "There is not enough food, you had to put in a request if you wanted to eat"...Then a river appeared and all the leftover food was dumped into the river and washed away and in a flurry everything was packed up and all the people disappeared...Dumb-founded we went up the basement stairs and into our living room ( it also was much bigger) and it was full of people...Our friends the Botts family, had arrived, all in their wedding finery as one of the grandchildren was getting married...So here again the five of us still in our "jammies" them dressed to the nines as only wedding parties can be...Bridesmaids all dressed in shiny satin, hair piled high with ringlets dangling, pedicures and manicures with the latest color of polish...AND my friend Margaret, the grandmother of this clan lay prone on the sofa suffering from a bad back!..The scene shifted again as I gracefully eased these people out the front door saying, "Give us time to dress and we will come to the reception...You are serving food I hope." Amid all this confusion Cienna had disappeared and as the dream ended,  I was calling her name and she answered "I'm right here, Oma".
Now the shower is calling my name, our new shower which has a heated bench and floor...Should be toasty...Hugs to all...OWAV:)


1 comment: