Thursday, August 30, 2012

More Cukes...42º

Yesterday I started out to make sourdough bread, then decided to start a batch of pita bread (I need more practice on this), then since the cuisinart was all doughy I pulled up Bobi's new recipe for hamburger buns and made a batch of buns...Both of these recipes with only 3 1/2 cups of flour in each, are a snap to make in the cuisinart...I made 6 large pitas, Herb and I ate one, warm from the oven slathered with butter...They still are not totally hollow but better than the first batch...Instead of making a dozen HB buns I made seven large ones...They were perfect for our dinner of BLT's and sliced cucumbers...Decided I had made enough bread for the day and will do sourdough another time.


Hamburger buns

Pita bread
Robin called and said she had more cucumbers if I could use slicers...She brought 6 pounds of cukes and it was the right amount to fill a gallon jar for sweet pickles...These are larger than pickling cukes but should work good for my sweet pickle recipe.

Now it was time for my PT appointment and then a brief rest on the deck before the cool breeze chased me into the house.

There are still 6 cabbages in the garden getting larger each day....Pat and Brian like sauerkraut, so this morning Pat will come here and we will grate 3 heads, salt, fill pint jars and Pat can take them home to ferment before storing in their basement for the winter...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

1 comment:

  1. You might try upping the oven temp to see if you get a better raise on your pita bread.

    ReplyDelete