Friday, August 17, 2012

Time Wasted...54º

To bed at 9pm awake at 4am...I like these hours, gives me time in the morning for coffee drinking, lexulous and yes, wasting time...I love being up when the sun first comes through our east window and lights the Wallowa Mountains to the west...My coffee has been added to and rewarmed for the second time and I need to get moving while it is still cool...But this morning I know that I don't really have to, get moving that is...For the past three weeks, it has been imperative that I get dressed, finish in the bathroom and have my blog done by 7am, because Dusty will rap lightly on the back door, then poke his head in with a "Good Morning".

Dusty finished with the bathroom yesterday and it is fully usable and very nice...Herb resolved the plumbing problem (bathroom sink wouldn't drain) after getting advice from a plumber that it might be a blocked drain after sitting for over three weeks with no water running through it...Sure enough, the accumulation of soap scum, dirt and hair after 30 years of use had hardened into a "rock" because we were not regularly running water through it...With the help of a plumbers snake Herb ground his way through this blockage and our sink drain is now free and clear and I can use the bathroom any time I want to!

Yesterday was an early appt at PT, Rusty was out the door early with John and after PT, while Herb worked on the drain I simmered the zucchini relish, ladled it into 14 jars to go on the cellar shelves...Dusty finished up before noon and I'm not sure what we did all afternoon but Bobi and Ci chatted in about the time Rusty called and said he was back in Enterprise and it was time to fix dinner...Deer steak and potato salad along with a huge cucumber sweet and fresh from the garden sated our appetites.

I just looked at the time it is 6:45am, Herb has laundry going and I'm ahead of schedule and our new shower is just waiting for me, if I hurry I can be done by 7am...Hugs to all...OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment