Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pee-yew...50º

4am a cool breeze slipped through the bedroom window, wafted over my head and the odor of skunk permeated my sense of smell...What a way to greet the morning!

Yesterday was busy, starting with PT at 8am...Aaron now has me working with more strengthening exercises and weaning me off of the brace and the cane...I leave PT and meet Mandy to order the shower door, should arrive in one to two weeks...I then stop at the weekly produce stand, buy blackberries and cantaloupe as my contribution to our Write People potluck lunch...We met at Maxine's and took a quick tour of the home that she and Ron have purchased and are remodeling...Maxine's touches of Mexico are everywhere in the artwork as well as the newly painted rooms...We read our stories and feast on pizza, salads, fresh fruit, dolmas and brownies...You would think that meeting every week we would run out of things to talk about but it seems that the conversations just go on and on until finally someone says "I really have to go home".

I spent the afternoon at home with Herb and Rusty where they had cleaned the chimney and kept the sprinklers going...Late afternoon we had slow roasted pork with veggies, corn on the cob and melon for dessert.

Now I must get moving, finish the pickled beets and figure out what we are having for dinner today...Our valley is hazy and smoky this morning as we have a fire to the east and more warm weather predicted...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment