Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Changeable Weather...55º

It turned into a lovely day yesterday, with shears in one hand my "toad stabber" in the other I deadheaded daffodils and dug weeds...I was soon looking for the shady spots so I could stay outside, but still finish my job...In the house, hamburger was simmering for our dinner of tacos.

The morning had started out cloudy and cool, with Pat driving we left early for book group so we could make a stop at soroptimist (looking for bargains) and at the bookLoft for "flashes of War"...No bargains in the basement but as we climbed the stairs on our way out, chairs (folding chairs) had appeared...Ten of them labeled $3.00 each...Now Brian's flying club has just acquired a club house and he has Pat on a mission to help furnish it...They needed folding chairs...These were not your usual folding chairs...They had padded seats and arm rests and were very sturdy (heavy)...A quick phone call to Brian found him just a few blocks away...He said, "Buy them, I will be right there to pick them up."...Pat went to write a check and I was left guarding the chairs, telling eager buyers, "Sorry the chairs are already sold"...On our way to book group we spotted a yard sale where a friend of ours was selling everything and leaving the county...More things for the club house were purchased, we had a lively discussion at book group, got home about noon feeling very accomplished!!

Late afternoon Herb and I journeyed out the back roads and into the woods to Ruth's house ...She had purchased a washer and dryer at a yard sale and they were being delivered and help was needed to unload them and set them up.

People ask us what we do to keep busy in retirement...We do have many days of relaxation but more days when we keep active, which reminds me we still have a log deck that needs our attention...Write people and garden club is on my agenda today, I opted out of playing cards tomorrow but it looks like showers are predicted, maybe I should have said yes!..So goes another day on Barton Heights and enough of my rambling...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment