Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I Wanna Cry...32º

For once the forecasters were right on...We got about 4 inches of snow last night...All of our bushes are leafed out, lilacs in bloom...They are covered, drooping way down and it is cold with more snow in the forecast..Usually when we get snow this late it snows then melts off, but I'm afraid this is going to stick around and the longer it does the more damage...At 4am I knocked the snow off of the red Japanese maple tree so the limbs wouldn't break...This is the little tree that everyone told me wouldn't grow here...We've had it for at least five years and it always seems happy, a little sad looking this morning.

As it lightened up I took a break from writing to take photos, then decided to knock some of the snow from lilacs and other bushes in danger of breaking...Herb and I donned boots and coats and each with a broom we lightened the load of snow on the branches...I was feeling really bummed and sorry for myself when a light went on...Visions of tornados, flattened cities, loved ones dead, homes and possessions gone... Real devastation and I'm complaining about frozen flowers, broken branches...I came back in the house in a much better mood than when I went out, thankful for my many blessings,  my life and a warm house...This little snow storm is nothing to cry about...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Japanese Maple

Old Fashioned Lilac

No comments:

Post a Comment