Friday, May 17, 2013

Good Day...43º

Any day that the ophthalmologist finishes your exam and says, "Your eyes haven't changed" is a good day...Herb uses drops in his eyes daily to keep glaucoma in check and so far so good...I on the other hand have age related macular degeneration, not much to be done but watch it and hope that it continues to stay where it is.

The Doctor did talk to me about supplements (vitamins, minerals, etc) but didn't push it when I said, "I take Lutein but the others kill my stomach"...I almost got on my "soapbox"...I could have said, "I think the supplements are simply a way for the drug companies to line their pockets...They have the American people jumping from flax seed to fish oil (just to name one, I could go on and on) depending on what study is being done and who is doing it...Every time I go into Costco, Walmart or a Health Food store for that matter and see rows and rows of bottles of supplements (natural or chemical) my blood pressure goes up up up!..We are like a bunch of sheep following one quick fix after another changing in mid stream when another study comes out...This is just what those companies want, they have us hooked...So go ahead eat at the fast food joints, buy all of the packaged "crap" in the grocery stores, anything quick and easy, then take a handful of the supplements and we will all live healthy, happy lives!!! WRONG...Sorry I got carried away.

I must start my bread, mix up some more cookies to bake as it is a chilly, wet looking day...The perfect day to stock the freezer...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment