Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Donut Weekend...43º

Oh why not?..Just one more...And so it went until the sack was almost empty...I love doughnuts or donuts, however you want to spell it...I eat them, with sugar, granulated or powdered, cake or raised with icing or plain...Although Cienna's donuts of last week were a little over the top for me...Too much topping not enough donut although, I've never tried one so how can I be sure?

I seldom ever buy donuts and if I do, it is only one or two...We fell heir to donuts on Saturday when Brian came bearing gifts of donuts...He wanted to share in the bounty of surplus donuts, left over from the Flying Clubs open house...Now anyone knows that eating donuts and going for airplane rides might not mix...Too much sugar, grease and not enough "barf bags" on the plane...(Sorry Brian, I'm just trying to make a good story...Creative non-fiction you know.)

When I thanked Pat for the generous gift of donuts she said, "We liked the sour cream ones best." and I without thinking, said, "Oh you must have because we didn't get any of those." And before I knew what was happening Brian arrived with another sack of donuts...I ate one sour cream donut (yes it was very good) and put the rest in the freezer out of sight...Not out of mind I might say because donuts for breakfast, not a bad idea, doesn't take much to thaw, another cup of coffee and I'll be flying high for the rest of the day minus the plane...Enough of this foolishness I must get ready, a trip to Imnaha is on my calendar....Hugs To All...OWAV:)

One lonesome donut





No comments:

Post a Comment