Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Cold and Sunny...20º

Well so much for the apricot crop as our tree now in full bloom probably won't withstand the 2 nights of below freezing weather...I am still hopeful that a few blossoms will survive so I can eat an apricot or two right off the tree, juice running down my chin!

Before write group yesterday I was out cutting daffodils for our house and a bouquet for Jane, who is moving back into the Alpine House (assisted living) in Joseph...Keep kind thoughts coming, that this works out for her...She was delighted with the bouquet and my visit and feels at home.

Write group was good and later over lunch at LaLaguna we visited before I left to do errands in Enterprise and shop at Safeway...A stop at the BookLoft where I ordered Katey Schultze's new book "Flashes of War"...Probably not something I would pick for myself but I know Katey and she has been critiquing my writing for the past two years...So even though the subject matter is not for me she is a talented writer and I will buy and read in support of her and her career.

Back to a warm house and a new book from the library..."The House Girl"...I finished "The Orchardist" not my favorite but it has gotten wonderful reviews.

I popped into Arrowhead Chocolate where I visited with Bruce and Wendy and tasted Bruce's newest treat...A "candy bar" reminiscent of a Snickers bar only soooo much better...That guy really has a way with chocolate...If you haven't tasted this one, you must stop in...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment