Saturday, May 11, 2013

Planter Boxes...57º

I resigned from sorority a year ago but still committed to killing weeds in the planter boxes that I have helped take care of for over 10 years...Planter boxes line main street, are cared for mostly by volunteers and add ambiance to our little town...I went downtown early with 3 things in mind...Kill weeds, buy potting soil and shop for fryers on sale at the local grocery store...Mount Joseph foods had a couple of outdated items that I couldn't pass up...Butter $1.50 per pound (2 left)...Local eggs $2.00 a dozen in instead of $4.50...I picked 4 dozen...So what do I do with 4 dozen old eggs...1 dozen was put on to cook for hardboiled eggs and the other 3 I will break into small baggies 2 to 4 to a bag and freeze them for use in cookies, pies and cakes this summer...They thaw out quickly and work great in baking...Someday I'm going to try frying them and see how that works.

It is warm but cloudy this morning so maybe won't heat up so quickly...Herb has gone to start the water in the irrigation ditch, usually takes a couple of days to get a good stream going...I did more dirt in the flowerbeds yesterday and also covered it with chips...More is waiting for me this morning along with planting or repotting some of the bedding plants that I bought on Wed...Must get busy...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment