Saturday, May 4, 2013

Spreading it on...38º

Herb loaded the wheelbarrow with well decomposed Llama poop yesterday and I spread it on the garlic plants that are about 10 inches tall...I side dressed each row and now will wait for the rains to come and slowly soak it into the root system...The end of July these plants will be ready to harvest and hang to dry...The garlic is used early on, first using the garlic scapes as the plant tries to bloom and then as green garlic when the bulbs first start to form and I can't wait any longer for the taste of fresh garlic.
http://theupturnedspade.blogspot.com/2012/04/fertilize-fall-planted-garlic.html.. I continued spreading straw on the garden paths and in and around the rhubarb and raspberries to keep the weeds at bay...I also used some of the manure to amend the soil where I plan to start cucumber seeds and cabbage starts.

This afternoon I will put in a session as a docent (a person who acts as a guide, typically on a voluntary basis, in a museum, art gallery, or zoo.) at the Josephy Arts Center...They are starting a new exhibit today called Rock, Paper, Scissors...I'm anxious to see just what this is all about.

Had a visit from Omega (neighbor girl) yesterday, who is interested in gardening...We toured the flower beds and I sent her home with gardening books, a couple of starts and a bouquet of daffodils...It is fun to see a young person interested in growing...Time to get moving...Hugs To All...OWAV:)





No comments:

Post a Comment