Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Rain, Wind, Thunder...43º

Yesterday morning found me in the garden layering leaves, alfalfa pellets and straw...Now I have to cover it with manure to decompose...We will plant potatoes in more straw over top of one plot and in the other plot I will dig small holes to plant cabbage starts...I was just finishing up when Pat arrived with mocha's so we could sit in the sun and catch up on their trip...A wonderful 3 weeks on a viking river cruise, with stops and tours at major cities and free time for them to explore on their own.

After a dinner of leftovers with thunder booming Herb and I relaxed in the living room...For some reason my computer locked up and refused to let me use the cursor or shut down with keystrokes...I called my faithful "Tech", bobi, who was busy and said she would call back in about an hour....To fill the time Tate and I decided to brave the wind and hose down the deck...Me spraying the water and he trying to catch it...Only got it half done before getting wet and cold...About the time Bobi called the laptop had run out of battery power, shut itself off and then started right up...Maybe it needed a rest!..Thanks Bob for coming to my rescue again.

It didn't rain much but settled the dirt and cleared some of the pollen from the air and cooled the temps   for the coming week...I have loved the heat and sun but rain is always welcome...We will continue to irrigate as the rain was minimal....Hugs To All...OWAV:)

1 comment: