Monday, May 20, 2013

Colder...40º

It never did warm up yesterday, some sun late afternoon accompanied by a cold breeze...It was inside work for us...Herb did his usual Sunday laundry and hung things to dry in the basement...I was so desperate for something to do besides scrabble, jigsaw puzzles or reading that I cleaned the bathroom and the kitchen floor, after giving Herb a haircut...Dinner of sauerkraut and sausages simmered on the stove, we added, garlic mashed potatoes on the side and molasses cookies for dessert.

The book on my end table is from the library..."The Girls of Atomic City"...It is the story of the "Top Secret City" (75,000 residents, many young women), built in the Appalachian Mountains in Oak Ridge, Tennessee in the early 40's at the height of WW II...Civilians from the surrounding areas were recruited to work for the "war effort", sworn to secrecy and most of them had no idea what they were really doing until the war ended...Promises to be an interesting book...Got a phone call on Saturday that the book "Flashes of War", short stories by Katey Schultz (she is critiquing my writing) is in at the BookLoft.

Busy week for me with Book Group this morning where we discuss "The Orchardist"...Tomorrow is Write People and afternoon I can go to Garden Club or not, depending on how my day is going, I might stay home and deadhead or read...Hugs To All...OWAV:)



No comments:

Post a Comment