Thursday, May 9, 2013

Watering...52º

An unusual year, we are actually having spring/summer in May...Daytime temps in the high 70's and nights in the 50's...The row of mixed lettuce, spinach, chard, radishes is growing like crazy...Plum tree is totally white with blooms, apricot is still blooming and apple trees are just showing pink before they burst forth!..A sea of blue for-get-me knots under the old apple tree opened up yesterday...Aspens and maples are leafing out...I'm deadheading the daffodils daily as new blooms appear...Herb strung hoses and hooked up to the city water...I'm giving everything a good soaking, rain showers have been in the forecast but haven't happened...We hope to get the ditch water running this coming week...Yesterday I luxuriated in the sun and slight shade of the aspens, sitting on the deck reading and watching everything come awake...I feel a "little bit guilty" just sitting but one never knows what June will bring as it could rain/snow all month and I could be housebound...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


Daffodils from Oklahoma

For-get-me knots

Fern peony

No comments:

Post a Comment