Thursday, September 18, 2014

Fall Winds...70º

Never doubted it would happen, the fall wind that is...But was hoping it would hold off for a few more days...It woke us at 3:30am as clatters sounded in the kitchen, I knew it wasn't anything bad but had to get up and check anyway...Turned the coffee on, closed the windows a bit, as I like the warm air coming into the house...Settled into my chair with laptop and full coffee cup, scrabble games on my mind but first I checked Facebook for a word or photo from Cienna...That smiling face appeared before me as she sits in an airport far from home, passport and ticket in hand as she awaits a flight back to Nakhon Pathom and her host family...We now wait with bated breath to hear about her adventures of the past week...It can be very disconcerting, for us, as she becomes a world traveler... I am now, most of the time, thankful that I navigate the "Facebook World" as it is our connection to her...Keep that smile coming Cienna!

More mundane things here on Barton Heights as Herb worked on the log deck yesterday while I worked on the apple crop and moved irrigation water around the yard...The gardens looked very bedraggled and in need of some loving care, so we keep watering, keeping them alive and healthy until we have time and energy to ready them for winter.

Yesterday I finished making applesauce and today I must roast tomatoes and get them in the freezer...We will finish picking the apples for pies and gifting to friends...It is now 5:30am and the wind seems to have worn itself out and quiet reigns...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Black Eyed Susan, Hosta and Autuum Joy


We have some really big Gravenstein apples this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment