Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Full Moon/Indian Summer...45º

"They" are calling it super moon now, we called it "Harvest Moon." I like that much better...I was up about 1:30am and it was like broad daylight outside, then I couldn't go back to sleep...Tossed and turned for over an hour, finally went back to sleep and not moving very fast this morning.

I had a good day yesterday, starting with sweet pickles...Twelve new jars are ready to store away...I was itching to get outside so had Herb help me get about 6o of the dried garlics down and I cleaned and trimmed them before bunching and securing them with zip ties...The garlic heads are big and full this year and I love cleaning them up and admiring our harvest...Have several people that we will gift with a bunch...Will also fix a box to send Bobi so she will have some for her roasted tomatoes next week...I plan to make another batch of garlic paste as I've used or given away the first batch...Found out yesterday that garlic paste makes yummy "garlic green beans..." Come mid October we will separate all the heads that are left, using the largest cloves for seed and Herb will peel and slice (using the cuisinart) the rest and make into dried garlic.

We had a vegetarian dinner yesterday (unusual for the Allen Household)...I harvested zucchini, green beans, cucumbers and cherry tomatoes from the garden, added fresh corn on the cob and we had a feast..The zucchini was grated, mixed with eggs and quickly fried in patties...Corn and beans cooked and the rest was crunchy and juicy straight from the garden...Makes me think that I like fall better than spring...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment