Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Older and Slower...40º

While I started the first two pans of tomatoes to roast, Herb picked the last of the plums for a batch of jam...Seemed to me that I should be able to roast tomatoes and make jam on the same day...I used to do this easily...But yesterday I found myself resting (scrabble, Facebook, reading, sitting on the deck) while the tomatoes roasted and this morning the plums and a bajillion fruit flies are still waiting for me...Today I will do the jam, have a PT appointment this afternoon and dinner (something besides leftovers) must be prepared...Looking ahead the next two days I have to make finger food for Thursday night, so as my Dad would have said, "No rest for the wicked and the righteous don't need any." Not hard to figure out where I fit!..Looking out our front window the sun is just hitting the porch, making the flag and the geraniums glow for a picture perfect day...And I'm happy to be alive even if I am slow and wicked.

Sunday night found us at Becky and Johns for a BBQ...It was a lovely evening and always fun visiting around their huge campfire while we celebrated Pams birthday...Hugs To All...OWAV:)




No comments:

Post a Comment