Monday, September 8, 2014

One Task a Day...47º

Thinking yesterday that I could do both beet pickles and sweet pickles was wishful thinking on my part...I started out going great guns, scrubbing beets and putting them on to cook, while Herb and I worked at rearranging the cellar shelves to make sure that we use up last years bounty before starting in on this years...We also took inventory of empty jars, lids, etc to make sure we have plenty for jarring later on in the winter, when we pressure cook, turkey and deer from the freezer.

It was nice to get a text from Pat saying that Bev would be docenting tomorrow,  giving me a free day...Aaaah now I could do sweet pickles on Monday...Things do have a way of working out.

We finished the beet pickles about 2pm, just in time to fix venision steak and harvard beets for our dinner, leftover potato salad, fresh cucumbers and tomatoes filled our plates...Late evening we shared a small portion of apple pie also leftover from Saturday...Just for the record, a total of 3 pints and 20 oyster jars of beet pickles, stored for the winter...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment