Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Rustys Here...44º

Yesterday I spent the morning in the kitchen, first mixing up a fresh batch of blue cheese dressing, then moved on to the cuisinart where I measured flour, butter and bear fat, gave it several whirls before adding egg, vinegar and water, ending up with dough for 4 pie crusts...Pie crust so easy and almost fool proof...I froze 2 and chilled the other 2 while I prepared the apples...Rusty arrived to the smell of apple pie fresh from the oven...He claims that after reading my blog for the past week, where I talked about all the pies we were eating, he was thinking that if I didn't have pie for him when he arrived, he was turning around and going back to Bend!..After visiting for a few hours we dined on creamed peas/potatoes, Wiener Schnitzel, sliced tomatoes and later apple pie.

A year ago today we were intertaining old friends, Jerry and LouAnn Gelock...We had a delightful visit as we shared meals and gave them a tour of Wallowa County...For two days it was like old times even though 40 years had passed since our last visit.

It is 6am and that kitchen is calling me again, one pie crust in the fridge and apples on the counter...Today at Write People, Pat is bringing her "Harvest Soup," Janie volunteered a dish and I, an apple pie...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment