Sunday, September 7, 2014

Yesterday...50º

A 10 lb. batch of pickling cukes arrived from Imnaha yesterday...Not quite what I had hoped for as some are quite large (a new business started by young people in Imnaha, so was glad to help them out) and with the cukes from our garden I got about 10 more jars and am done with the dills and we have several to eat fresh...It all works out!

Today I start on the beets, delivered a couple of days ago by our Barton Heights neighbor, and also 2 gallons of the sweet pickles are ready to slice and put in smaller jars before going on the cellar shelves...Herb is busy with the laundry and water in the garden...We now have lovely potato vines growing and blooming...I checked for potatoes and didn't find many so hope the water will help...I picked a mess of green beans for our dinner yesterday, also cherry tomatoes that we ate along with our sweet/sour venison over mashed potatoes...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

It was yummy






No comments:

Post a Comment