Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sunny/possible rain...50º

Good temperature for working outside, once I get moving that is...Yesterday Herb finished splitting and stacking the load of wood while I worked at cleaning out the garden...I gleaned 4 small heads of purple cabbage, one large zucchini and some cherry tomatoes before I made some of the bigger leaves into mulch and loaded the tougher stems and roots into the wheel barrow for Herb to haul away...Then we turned the irrigation water on to give the ground a good soaking before adding straw and manure and will give it another good soaking this morning...Later the fall leaves will be mulched and another layer added, before we put it to bed for the winter.

While doing this I had a pot of clam chowder simmering on the stove for our dinner...Since I knew that that wasn't much for dinner and we would be looking for food later in the evening, what could I do but make another apple pie...You would think that we would be tired of apple pie but every pie seems to be better than the one before it...Maybe my family is right....Practice makes perfect...With that in mind, this afternoon, I will practice making bread/rolls for a dinner tonight as the Wallowa County Museum Volunteers get together at an appreciation potluck for their services.

A semi busy week coming up as Rusty will be home before he and John leave on a hunting trip in Idaho and Bobi is thinking about a trip over from Portland...Maybe we will have help making sauerkraut, hauling wood, harvesting potatoes and planting garlic, pruning apple trees...Many hands make like work as we enjoy time spent with our kids...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

We wanted to eat the entire pie but saved some for breakfast

Cienna practicing a new skill

No comments:

Post a Comment