Wednesday, February 8, 2012

All's Quiet...28º

Only three of us at Write People yesterday, a quiet group...We read and visited then left...Me to get home because I had food in the oven and Janie and Amy decided to lunch at Ruby Peak Naturals (health food store)...It was fun at first having lunch out but my palate soon tires of the sameness of the flavors no matter what I order...I think all of the soups start with the same base and then canned and frozen veggies etc are added, lots of cornstarch is used for thickening...I long for our simple potlucks where we brought leftovers from our fridge too share... Much better food...My mind is also clicking off the cost of lunches out and what I can fix at home that tastes better, always stretching my pennies...Soooo maybe once a month I will have lunch but think I will be coming home more often for my own food!

I walked in the afternoon, mountains in my face as I plod along like the little engine, saying "I think I can, I think I can." Now I must close and start slicing and dicing meat...Will see how far I get because I like to have it all chunked up and ready for the jars before I start doing loads in the pressure cooker...I have time, it doesn't have to be done in one day, one step at a time.

Went to bed very early last night, slept over nine hours so should be ready for the canning marathon...Herb has hauled all the jars upstairs and they are all washed and waiting...Hugs to all....  OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment