Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Let me count the ways....20º

Sharing


Valentines Day is over for another year...Since my write group was canceled for the day I rode along with Herb to Enterprise where he did errands and split some wood for Pam...I did a leisurely cruise through Soroptomists, then we went to the Range Rider for dinner.






Love
This dinner a Valentine treat for me and maybe for him...I didn't have to cook and he didn't have to listen to me complain about cooking...Over the last 50 years Valentines Day has been pretty low key, at times, funny or sentimental cards were exchanged. I received a few bouquets and Herb has gotten his share of cherry pies or cherry cheese cakes, to make the day special.





Dancing

To me Valentines Day is celebrated all year long when I count the little things, such as: A special dinner, can be at home with Herb grilling the steaks and me making the pie...I remember a few times many years ago when upon opening Herb's lunch pail, after he spent a day working in the woods, to find a wilted flower that soon perked up in a vase of water...A fire in the wood stove, tended by him to keep our house toasty through the cold winters of Wallowa County...Sharing a glass of wine as we sit on the deck that was built by both of us one hot summer, so we can enjoy our view of the mountains.






Laughter
The days I've heard the water running outside and looked out to see him washing my car and then vacuuming the inside and I never had to ask if he would... Since he retired he has taken on the household chore of laundry, every week I have fresh, clean sheets when I crawl into bed on Sunday night and clothes freshly laundered, all his doing, also the vacuuming, fixing breakfast most mornings, clearing the table after dinner, loading and  emptying the dishwasher.




Breakfast
He has given me freedom to join a write group, book group, sorority, volunteer on train rides, go on walks and out to lunches to get my social fix...The flowers and veggies that grow in profusion on Barton Heights would not do so without the heavy dose of manure, hauled by him so I can shovel it on...You see I get presents everyday and bouquets from April through October and he gets pie what more could anyone ask for?...Hugs.... OWAV:)




Sunshine 


1 comment: