Friday, February 10, 2012

Half Done...34º

Elk and Turkey & Broth
Yesterday was the perfect day for canning, low clouds, rainy, breezy and cold...We were both content to stay inside, cutting up more meat, stuffing jars...Herb is the official loader and emptier of the cooker while I fill jars, heat the lids, watch the cooker to keep the pressure constant and wipe the jars down after being processed and...then I label with the date and contents...Now they are ready for the final trip to the cellar shelves (Herb's job)...We finished 3 cookers by late afternoon, had dinner of elk steak (thanks, John) and will finish canning the other half today.

Lonely Tulip


Last year I had such good luck forcing tulips that late last fall I planted 50 "pink" tulip bulbs in two different pots...Chilled them outside, brought them inside in December and left them in the cellar...Middle of January I brought them to the living room (south window) to see what they would do...Surprise, we have 1 "yellow" tulip in bloom with 2 more in buds...Don't know what happened to my "Pink" tulips but this time of year will take any bloom I can get.... Hugs to all....   OWAV:)









No comments:

Post a Comment