Friday, February 3, 2012

Really Dumb...18º

Yesterday, Ground Hog Day was celebrated...I think it a silly celebration, but Bobi said, "MOM, it gives people something to celebrate in the dead of winter, a reason to laugh, a reason to party." As usual she is right but it still makes me wonder how and why such a totally inane (meaning: sillyfoolishstupid,fatuousidioticridiculousludicrousabsurdsenseless,asininefrivolousvapidchildishpuerileinformal dumb,moronicditzydaft) idea got started in the first place......


The opposite of inane is sensible (practicalrealisticresponsiblereasonable,commonsensicalrationallogicalsoundbalanced,groundedsoberno-nonsensepragmaticlevelheaded,thoughtfuldown-to-earthwiseprudentjudicious,sagaciousshrewd.) Now this is how I like to think of myself: Sensible, common sense, down to earth, fun but not stupid...I surprised myself yesterday as to how STUPID I can be.


In the morning I happily sauteed fresh mushrooms, onions, red pepper and Italian sausage...Later in the day I added this to a "store bought pizza" dressing it up just the way Herb likes it....I even added more cheese and black olives...Pre heated the oven and slid this now gourmet looking pizza onto the cookie sheet and into the oven...Set the timer for 25 minutes, fixed a salad and sliced avocado on the side...Herb and I sipped on a semi dark beer, whetting our appetite for dinner...As I removed this pizza from the oven, it looked good although maybe not quite done in the middle, so I turned it around and cooked it for another 5 minutes...We were hungry NOW and I cut into the pizza... The pizza cutter gave under my hand as if it had a cushion under it, WHAT the HELL, I'm thinking, did they do to this pizza...Enough detail, I will only say that "I" had neglected to remove the cardboard from under the pizza before baking it...The outside crust was cooked the rest of it was raw dough...We ate what we could, washed it down with the rest of our beer, had a laugh at my expense and maybe next year I will celebrate "Ground Hog" day with the rest of the idiots!.....   OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment