Tuesday, February 14, 2012

i got Phished this morning....27º

Yes you read it right...In my email this morning I had the following message...I forwarded the original message to phishing@irs.com (their official website)...This website warned against opening the link because it could contain many things but mostly they would want your personal info...The IRS DOES NOT notify people by email NO NOT EVER!!!

Now I have deleted this email from my system and implore anyone who gets this message to do the same...There was a link included which I removed before I copied and pasted it here...I hope I did everything right!..I probably shouldn't even have opened the message?.. On this note, a good day to all....OWAV:)
Attention: Accounting Dpt.

We would like to inform you, that you were imposed a penalty because you did not file income
 tax return prior to January 31, 2012.

Please note, that IRS [Section 6038(b)(1)] rates a monetary penalty of $10,000 for each [Form 5471] 
that is filed after the deadline of the income tax return, or does not comprise the careful information
 defined in [Section 6038(a)].

No penalty will be due on condition that the company shows that the late filing was due to reasonable 
cause.


Kind regards,
Internal Revenue Service United States 
Department of the Treasury


No comments:

Post a Comment