Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Score...17º

Waiting to be filled
Had a lunch date yesterday with Kathy Hunter...Left home early to stop at Soroptomists, cruised the clothing then into the other room and household goods...Glanced down at some single quart widemouth jars (don't need them) and picked up 2 pkgs of pectin...As I turned to walk away I looked down and saw the labels "Ball and Kerr" on two boxes...Could it be?..This is where I scored, not only two cases of widemouth pints but the old style boxes to store them in...Do I need these?...Maybe not need, but for 10 cents a jar I didn't pass them up...After I got home and shared my excitement with Herb (eyes rolling) I checked each jar for cracks, chips and cooked on food...Scrubbed the ones that needed it and put them all in the dishwasher...I ended up with 23 pints for $2 and 40 cents...My kids are proud and my Mom is doing a little happy dance in the clouds...Herb is happy because that is two less cases he has to pack up the stairs as tomorrow we start our canning marathon...We have 3 turkeys and 30#'s of venison thawing...plus we will have broth and maybe some beef...Why would anyone be happy to start all this work, don't ask me!..It is just in my blood.

Today I meet with the rest of the "Write People" for our weekly readin', writin' and lunchin'...The lull before the storm...OWAV:)

2 comments: