Friday, October 19, 2012

Appointments...44º

We were up early yesterday and I fully intended to write a blog before leaving for LaGrande and eye appointments, as there was plenty of time...But in my Inbox came a message from someone that had somehow stumbled onto my blog....So I spent time writing an answer...Following is the message I received:
 I have just found this. I am the grandaughter of Ruby Ashton. I have lost
> contact with most of family. Was always close with aunt Lorene. I have no
> idea where her two daughters, Shannon and Betty Rose are. My mothers name
> was Afton.
> Colleen Barnett Taylor
The blog she found I had written in 2011 and titled "Whislin' Joe" an excerpt from a story about my Dad...It has his place of birth, full name, parents name etc...He did have a sister named Ruby (I don't remember her daughters name), a sister named Lorene with girls named Shannon and Betty Rose...Very likely Colleen Barnett Taylor is a cousin of mine...I answered her message through the blog and hope that she will write back...Would be fun to pursue this and maybe connect with another branch of the Ashton Family...Since Daddy has been dead for 50 years now, all of his siblings have died and we have lost track of much of that side of our family.

We left Joseph by 6:30am yesterday morning arriving in LaGrande early for our appointments at 8:15...We finished before 9am, I had a visual field and Herb was dilated so scans could be taken...I got to be the driver as we made our way to BiMart, Sears, Grocery Outlet and WalMart...11am found us headed out of town, made a stop at Kauffman's Market for dried beans to make chili and decided to try their soup and sandwiches...The prices are inexpensive, soup was okay but had a definite taste of dried potatoes and onions (from a mix)...Sandwich was very tasty but a little heavy on Jalapeño peppers...We topped lunch off with a slice of apple pie alà mode and Herb said, "It was a far cry from the ones I make at home"...Maybe I put words in his mouth but that is what he meant...The little store is family owned and run, very clean and we will stop to shop, but don't think we will have lunch there again. :(    Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment