Saturday, October 13, 2012

Day To Rest...46º

Yesterday morning was cleanup time...Herb carried full jars to the cellar, gas stove and pressure cooker was put away...I cleaned up the kitchen and started breakfast...A big breakfast was in order for all of us...Herb fried bacon, I did hash browns, eggs and warm cornbread with honey butter...We gathered around the table for breakfast before I left for a lap around the track, Herb was soon on his way to Enterprise to mow Pam's lawn and Rusty left for his hunting trip in Idaho.

A slow walk around the track on our last sunny day for awhile, turned into two laps...It felt good...I left Pat to continue at a faster pace and stopped at my friend Margaret's for an overdue visit...Her son Kyle is here from Gresham for a few days so the 3 of us rehashed old times, when he was a student at JO HI and his mother and I both worked in the kitchen, she was my boss...Over the years that we worked together we became good friends...I think of those as the "glory days" when lunches were made from scratch "homemade comfort food"...The early morning smells of hot rolls emanated from the lunch room and peaked appetites...Students and staff soon gathered at long cafeteria tables fueling their bodies for afternoon classes.

Back home I was feeling particularly lazy and the need to recoup from the canning frenzy...Our big breakfast sustained us way past our normal dinner hour, so Herb and I snacked our way into the evening on whatever called to us.

The afternoon sun soon faded behind clouds and rain showers started about dusk, dampening the parched earth...That is a start and we can only hope for more soaking rain in the weeks to come...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

The end of the blooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment