Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Quandary...41º

Yesterday was a physical therapy appointment...Aaron was waiting for me and glad to see me walking without the cane...He listens carefully, goes back over his notes while I do 12 minutes on the recumbent bike, then we move on to other exercises before going into the treatment room when he manipulated my kneecap and we work on range of motion...Very important to get that back to somewhat normal...While doing this he checks the back of my knee and finds it is a "mass of knots"...No wonder my knee doesn't want to bend backwards...He massages carefully and gently finding all the sore spots...Then hooks up the ultra-sound machine and does about 15 minutes with that...I can't believe the difference when he finishes...I go back on Wednesday and Aaron will again use ultra-sound to relax the "muscles, ligaments, or whatever is back there in hopes of getting my range of motion working again.

I relate to him that Dr. Burgoyne keeps mentioning the "injections" and thinks it will help me through the healing process...I did some research on the internet this morning and one statement that jumped out at me was this "The cortisone shot will bring relief from pain but it does nothing for the underlying cause and usually prolongs the recovery." I haven't been sold on the idea of "cortisone injections" and after more research (YES I know that I can't believe everything I read on the internet) it makes me even more skeptical...So as of today, I'm saying no to the injections but I have a week before I see Dr Burgoyne and will decide for sure at that time!

Write group is today so I must get moving...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment