Saturday, October 6, 2012

Saturday Morn...28º

Such a busy Friday...I had made plans to spend a quiet morning at Pat's perusing information on a workshop "A Roundup of Words" being held in Pendleton the end of this month...Do we want to go?..SURE, Is it really beneficial?...MAYBE, Can we fit it into our busy schedule?...OF COURSE!

My morning took an abrupt turn when Pat called and said, "How about if I call Amy and see if she can meet us for lunch and we can do a 'We 3'"...Sounds good to me because I think I will spend the morning at the hospital sitting with my friend Jane as she is now able to have company.

I headed for the shower, Rusty prepped the corned beef to start cooking at noon for an evening meal...Herb started cooking an egg scramble and toast for our breakfast and said he would get all the veggies peeled to add to the corned beef late in the day...We ate breakfast, I was soon out the door to be with Jane and meet Pat and Amy for lunch back in Joseph at 1pm...The guys had the morning planned for them to work outside doing the final deadheading of all the plants in the flower gardens.

I spent a quiet morning with Jane, trying to make her a little more comfortable, wondering why the CNA's weren't more attentive?..A mutual friend also came to visit so we were able to engage Jane in more conversation...After being very ill, her thoughts are jumbled and words don't come easily...I left there about 12:30, made my 1pm lunch date where "We 3" had our usual stimulating conversation, lots of laughter and left looking forward to our next lunch.

At home, I felt exhausted, the guys were relaxing, the corned beef was almost done...Becky, John and Pam had been invited to share the corned beef dinner...About 5:15 Rusty said, Mom should we start the vegetables?..I came out of my fog, dinner was scheduled for 6:00...A whirlwind of activity took place, Rusty worked on the carrots and cabbage, I cut up the potatoes and onions, Herb set the table, got out the extra chairs and voilà, a pleasant evening with friends...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment