Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Passed the Test...38º

Arrived at the DMV, 2nd in line...The person in charge was out with a customer, giving a driving test...I visited with the lady seated next to me and then realized I could be filling out paperwork as the forms were all displayed on the wall...New regulations have been passed and even though I have had the same license, in the same state for nearly 40 years I must have in my possession a certified birth certificate or a passport, and two pieces of ID with my physical address on them in order to prove that I am who I say I am!..Also I must have an eye test and have my photo taken...Form is filled out, signed, photo taken and eye test passed (it is a joke)...I write a check for $40.00, get a temporary license and 45 minutes later I'm out the door...My new shiny, plastic license with photo (deer in the headlights shot) will arrive in the mail in 10 to 14 days and I'm good for another 8 years.

OMG...The expiration date on that license will be 2020, just a few years from now or is it a lifetime from now?..The scope of what will have changed by then is mind boggling...Herb and I will chug along in life, except for changing health issues as we age...Our kids world is faster paced and changes even more...The most dramatic change though is our 14 year old Cienna could be finishing college in 2020...That blows my mind!..From 0 to 20 at warp speed...Put on the brakes!

Speaking of health issues, my knee is healing, i'm walking more normal but my right eye has decided to have a twitch...At first I thought it was a new floater showing up but it feels different so I called Dr. Pettit's office, and have an appointment for 11:15 today, in LaGrande...Herb of course said he would drive me and I said that would be good, but maybe I'll call Pat and see what she has on her agenda...So Herb will be staying home to finish chunking meat to can and Pat and I will make the trip to LaGrande, with a little shopping, lunch and my appointment...Keep me in your thoughts, eye issues are most scary...Hugs to All....OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment