Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Hunt Goes On...37º

My PT appointment went well yesterday with Aaron doing an evaluation, checking the strength of the knee and leg compared to what it was on my first visit with him...I was able to do 10 minutes on the treadmill, then he measured, took notes and massaged the knee and surrounding area...He was somewhat concerned about the bruise on my leg and consulted with Ann, also a physical therapist...The mutual consensus was a pressure bruise caused from "restraints" holding my knee during surgery...I need to be aware, watch for swelling or pain and call the Dr. if that happens...My treatment is to keep icing, use the cane if needed but also do some walking...Maybe a slow trip around the track with Pat...That would be good therapy for my body as well as my soul!

I returned home after a brief visit with Jane (her care level has changed from comfort care to rehab, decisions have to be made by her family, as to what happens next)...It breaks my heart to see her so frail and confused about what is going on and wonder why she has to suffer.

At home I busied my mind and hands with the process of cutting meat (beef and deer) for the canning process this week...This is a good way to clean out our freezers and stock the cellar shelves with meat for winter meals.

I cut up a fryer for our favorite oven fried chicken, added cheese to leftover sheep herder potatoes, scraped leftover squash out of the shells into a casserole dish, packaged rolls in foil...Now everything was ready to go into the oven for dinner...John and Rusty arrived after a day preparing "stuff" for the upcoming hunting/camping trip to Idaho...Things became a jumble as it was time to eat and John had spotted a deer in the "back forty"...He filled his tag, dinner was postponed about a half hour, we ate and then the guys finished taking care of the deer, now hanging in the garage...Evening ended with bedtime at 9pm...On my agenda today is write group and I must jump through the hoops to renew my drivers license at the DMV....Hugs to All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment