Thursday, October 11, 2012

Road Trip, Eye Appointment...41º

Eye appointment relieved my mind, but didn't give me a lot of answers...My symptoms: 1. There seemed to be a spider either on the rim of my glasses or on my eyelashes...2. A tiny light keeps flashing by the corner of this same eye...Dr Pettit looks deep into my eyes, looking at every angle possible with magnifying lenses...He finds no tears (pull or rip (something) apart or to pieces with force) but says there must be something stretching or pulling in there, maybe breaking off more floaters...As far as the light I see--If the light only comes in flashes in the dark, not to be concerned, but if the light comes on and stays on then I need to see him NOW...I've alway been one who likes the "light" as in the light dawns, I love to see the sunrise (light) every morning...Normally I don't like flashing lights (as on the top of a police car or on an ambulance (scary lights)...But for now I will live with my little flashing light and hope it never morphs into a steady light and a rush trip to Dr Pettit...We will keep a close eye on the eye and I have an appointment to see him again in 6 weeks.

Now for the fun part of the trip...Chauffeur Pat at the wheel, picked me up at 8:05am, I chose the time...In what seemed like mere minutes we were speeding out of Wallowa and around the curves in the canyon...Fall colors surrounded us, as we made our way up Minam grade, over Cricket Flat and in record time we arrived at the LaGrande city limits....Well actually not record time but it seemed that way...The conversation was non stop, with Pat occasionally coming up for air, I jumped in and continued the train of thought or started off on a new tangent...Then she took her turn and away we would go again!..The two of us never seem to run out of things to talk about.

First stop is Grocery Outlet, then WalMart...Now up the hill to Dr Pettit's office...Pat leaves me off and goes on her own to downtown, frittering away the time in a furniture store and an antique shop, waiting for my phone call...Next it is time for lunch and we have chosen a small Greek take out...We each order the special "Lamb Chops with potatoes, flat bread and a side salad...We ooh and aah over the smells and soon are devouring lamb chops and chewing on the bones, getting every last bit of garlicky flavor before turning to the green salad with a tart lemon and oil dressing...We finish by "licking our chops" and cleaning our hands and faces but I'm sure still smelling like we have been immersed in garlic nirvana...We headed for the "Looking Glass Book Store"...To be continued, I must get to my PT appointment at 8am...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment