Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sounds of Fall....44º

I was lulled to sleep last night listening to a gentle rain outside our bedroom window and woke up this morning with the faint sound of wind chimes wafting in the fall breeze...The rain quit before midnight and may return today and might even change to snowflakes before next week ends...Aaah yes the sounds and sights of fall.

I had PT yesterday and limped in, very disgruntled at the way my knee was feeling...Very sore and didn't want to have any weight put on it...Aaron was not happy at this turn of events so to alleviate the pain he massaged then did electrical stim and heat...Sent me home with instructions to ice and heat the rest of the day.

Stopped for a quick visit with Jane, very disoriented but was happy to be in a different room with a view of the mountains...She will be moving to the care center on Monday.

At home before I started to ice and heat, there were 4 gallons of cucumbers soaking in water, vinegar and salt (for the past 6 weeks)...My calendar said it was time to make them into sweet pickles...Herb had 23 pint jars in the dishwasher almost ready...I sliced the cucumbers and he measured sugar and vinegar for the brine, put lids on to heat...I filled the jars with cucumber slices and hot brine...He took care of the rest, lifting pans in and out of the oven, adding lids to the jars and placed them upside down on the table to finish the sealing process...What a team!

A quick dinner of toasted tuna/cheese sandwiches on homemade buns, salad on the side and finally I was ready to ice and heat my knee...So for the rest of the day I passed the time reading while my knee alternated between hot and cold...It is feeling much better this morning so will continue that treatment today!

During the pickling process, Herb brought in our mail and my birthday gift from kids in Portland...Oooh my, a new pair of hand knit sock especially for me from Bobi...What a blessing they were as i'm always freezing when I have to ice my knee so I put the socks on and wore them the rest of the day and with the help of a quilt I stayed toasty warm through the process...Thanks again Bob for my lovely socks....Hugs To All...OWAV:)

"A perfect fit"

No comments:

Post a Comment