Tuesday, April 23, 2013

OOPS...24º

Most everyone who is somewhat computer literate knows that when having problems with a computer the first thing you do is a restart...That was the last thing on my mind when I called "Jim" for help with my iMac, yesterday...I called at 7am, listened to and ignored the "canned" message (many problems can be solved by restarting your computer before calling our technical department) and waited for Jim's voice on the other end...Jim was baffled by my problem and HIS iMac was giving him problems so he suggested I go on about my morning and he would call me back...I waited and Bobi chatted in on FaceTime to see if Jim had found the problem...I said, "Not yet"..."Mom, have you restarted your computer since we synced the iMac, iPhone and iPad yesterday?"...DUH...At her urging, I did and things started falling magically into place...Keychain unlocked, passwords reappeared, iMac and iPhone started communicating...Only one glitch as a bunch of old contacts appeared in my address book and I have deleted them one by one for the second time...So far they haven't come knocking again!..I called Jim and told him how dumb I still am about computers, he just laughed and was happy that the problem had been fixed so easily, thanks to my "Smart Girl".

After cold, snowy, frosty nights and days, this morning dawns bright and clear with warmer temps in the forecast...Maybe we are in for a few more days of spring...I have write group this morning, Herb is thinking about mowing lawns or getting more wood...Have a nice day everyone...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment