Sunday, April 21, 2013

Road Show and Grease...38º

A busy day yesterday...First I carefully packaged antique dishes, a vase and several pieces of sterling flatware to take to the "Road Show" for appraisal...These items came to us as family heirlooms...Some have been displayed, some used a few times and others packed away never to see the light of day...I didn't have any real surprises, everything coming in under a $100.00 per item (retail)...I did find out that some of the flatware that I thought was sterling is silver-plate...At least now I know how to tell the difference...So I will keep using these item occasionally and save them for our kids to have heirlooms someday.

Early afternoon found Pam, Rachel, Brandon and I on our way to the Elgin Opera House for the matinee performance of "Grease"...It was an enjoyable production with the usual high energy dancing and singing, played to a nearly full house...It was a lovely spring day and a beautiful drive...The "kids" were very quiet in the back seat so Pam and I got to catch up on our visiting..We look forward to the production of "Shrek" coming up in August.

While I was away playing Herb worked on the log deck, bringing home more wood to finish out the spring and stock up for next winter...Nothing planned for today...The leftovers are all gone so am thinking, what is for dinner?...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment