Saturday, April 13, 2013

Windy...31º

Windy with moisture in the forecast...Rain, snow who knows?..Doesn't matter because yesterday was a beautiful and productive day...I put on my work clothes and went with Herb to the log deck...It was a warm 53º, sun shining, no wind...Herb manned the chain saw while I marked the logs, split what I could and loaded most of them onto the truck...We worked steady for two hours and came home with over half a cord...It felt good to be outside and find that my legs and arms still work and I'm not even very sore this morning...We have several more cords to cut and haul, so this should get us in shape for the summer work to follow.

We finished the afternoon off with spaghetti for dinner, then while Herb napped I joined Pat at the Josephy Art Center where she did her first day as a docent...I wanted to shadow her so I kind of know what I'm doing when I take my first turn...More artwork arrives on a regular basis and today a new bronze statue  "Nude of a young boy" was put out on display...I wonder how many eyebrows this will raise in our usually conservative community...Will the old-timers let it go thinking it is just the "Artists" way of making a statement or will it cause a stir in the community, with letters to the editor (the paper will like that as they sell more papers when there is controversy)...Maybe the Art Center will find more visitors coming through their door...It could get interesting or not, time will tell....Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment