Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring Rain...36º

Overnight the grass has turned that lovely shade of green, only possible with a gentle spring rain...Not so gentle when I went to bed last night and it didn't take long to lull me to sleep...Everything seems to be jumping out of the ground, garlic, daffodils, crocus and dandelions...Snow is in the forecast but I'm hoping it will stay farther up the mountain.

Yesterday was the perfect day for baking bread and making a big pot of ham and beans...After the BBQ at B & J's last Saturday, J made sure that I came home with the ham bone...H & I like bean soup but for me it is impossible to make a small batch... J loves ham and beans...So I make a big pot, we each have our bowl full and J gets the rest of the beans, all packaged in bags to freeze and use for meals on busy days...It brings a smile to his face when they arrive at his house.

The yard sale wasn't much but Pat did come away with a nice jacket, 50¢, in a lovely shade of lavender, so it wasn't a total bust...A quick stop at Safeway, then I dropped her off at Schwabs to get her car...Back home I punched down the bread dough, stirred the beans and played scrabble and angry birds, before reading my latest book "State of Wonder" by Ann Patchett...Its a good read but tends to get a little slow in places!...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment