Thursday, September 1, 2011

Empty House...09/01/11...6am...41 °...Sunny

Headed Home
Our "girls" left about 10am yesterday...as I sat on the sofa after the car rolled out the gravel driveway next to our house, I blinked my eyes and know how Dorothy felt when she awoke in Kansas after the tornado...Two girls, two dogs, a mountain of luggage, cases of food from the cellar, fresh veggies from the garden... everything swirling before my eyes...

Now everything is loaded into the back of the black volvo...They are ready to hit the long road to portland...That is as close to a tornado as I want to get...They are gone...Now the quiet creeps around the room, enveloping me in its arms, I sit staring straight ahead running all events through my mind...berry picking, yard sales, BBQ's, morning walks, markets and music, an afternoon at the lake, ranch rodeo, dinner with friends, writing with friends, (how my heart swells and eyes glisten as I listen to Ci and Bobi read their essays), miniature golf, "Annie Get Your Gun"...Laughter, Tears, Hugs, Memories...I'm so thankful that we have these times together and more to look forward to.

Garlic Dills
The peace and quiet is good and I must work on my essay already due, but first I have cucumbers to pickle, emails to catch up on, phone calls to make...then as my heart and mind slows down I will write.

I wrote until 10pm last night...That's a start.

Today Herb is catching up on the laundry so beds can be remade...we will harvest the heads of cabbage from the garden to make sauerkraut and beets to make pickles to line the cellar shelves...On with the day, Hugs to all...~OWAV:)

3 comments:

  1. You girls had a whirl wind time...so glad you can do this...I made sauerkraut last weekend along with a few pickled jalapenos...more to do this weekend along with what ever didn't freeze last night...big hugs hope to see you soon

    ReplyDelete