Friday, September 23, 2011

Yard Sales...low 54º-predicted high 85º

Yard sales are winding down for the year, only a couple are advertised in the local paper this week...As a community member for "Fishtrap" I will go to their sale, early this morning to help finish with the setup, take money etc...Yard sales frustrate me, but I still go, thinking I might get the illusive bargain...Mostly the early birds really irritate me and at one time I quit going to  yard sales just because of them...Over the years I've found my share of bargains, a Bosch mixer, oak coffee table, old ice box, were some of my best finds...I've bought items in LaGrande, Elgin and Walla Walla, Phoenix and Portland... coming home with the car loaded... The only criteria was, are they cheap and will they fit in the back of my car...Did I NEED them, well maybe not, sometimes I have bought something on Saturday and donated it to Soroptomists on Monday...It just goes on and on.

Yesterday I made a double batch of fresh apple cake from a recipe that Joyce Gover gave me many years ago...It is written on a scrap of paper and at the bottom it says, "potato field 1975"...Takes me back many years, another lifetime, more memories...Something else to write about?

It was so warm yesterday, Herb and I abandoned the deck for the cool of our house in the late afternoon...October is just around the corner...OWAV:)

1 comment: