Monday, September 5, 2011

Relax...09/05/11...6am...52°...Dark

Rudbeckia
Up very early yesterday, did scrabble and finished my essay and emailed it to Katey...Gave Herb a haircut, then trimmed my own hair...Wandered around outside, took photos of fall flowers in all their bronze, orange and yellow beauty...Their faces turned to the sun as they open to their fullest and bask in its warmth.

The rest of the day I sat on the deck luxuriating in the warm sunlight (like the flowers), read a book and gazed in awe at our amazing view...I did go inside long enough to prepare oven fried chicken, grated fresh cabbage for coleslaw, sliced tomatoes and steamed new green beans...How lucky we are to have homegrown food.

Chatted with the kids, Rusty is recovering from a sinus infection, Cienna is trying to stretch her last two days before school starts and Bobi has mixed emotions, that school is about to start...Alway a mother's quandary.

Now I've had my day of rest, this month is already starting to overwhelm me..."Mule Days" starts this Friday and Herb and I have committed to being there most of three days...Luckily the weather looks good...I have sorority on Thursday night, have yearbooks to finish for sorority (Damn we are supposed to do cleanup at the fairgrounds Thursday night!)...Another juggling act...The following weekend Pat and I are going to Hood River, stay with her sister Maureen and take in a play...Which brings me to the third week of September and I have third monday book group, third tuesday garden club at my house...In between, tomatoes to roast, pickles to make and another assignment for Katey due September 30th...Plus deadheading, cutting down flowers, dividing and transplanting...Breath deep and take, One--day--at--a--time...~OWAV:)




3 comments:

  1. Oh to be retired with nothing to do. (-;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes the retired life :) As summer comes to an end and a new school year starts I am overwhelmed with canning and harvesting. I always wonder how I managed to do so much AND raise 3 boys...guess cause I was younger...? It is canning corn relish, juicing carrots, pulling onions, and doing something with this zucchini today. Sauerkraut is almost ready but will hold off a few days...sister Sue is having a BIG birthday this month...party at her house the 24th...see if you can fit that into your schedule...love ya

    ReplyDelete