Wednesday, September 14, 2011

LaGrande...09/14/11

We were on the road by 6:30am yesterday, always like to get an early start going to LaGrande... I had an eye appointment at 8am...It was a visual field check and also always keeping an eye on what the macular degeneration is doing...Staying the same we hope... Also returned a new pair of glasses that hadn't been ground properly and my vision was distorted, after a month of trying, I couldn't wear them...So they have been sent off to be redone...Decided to have breakfast, then pass on lunch as we had food at home waiting to be eaten...I had an adjustment from Dr Bond, our gentle chiropractor, neck and shoulders were sore from the lifting done at mule days...Made our usual stops at BiMart, Walmart, and Grocery Outlet...Home by 4pm.

White Stargazer Lily
I did some watering...flower gardens and deck barrels...Warmed up the pulled pork and cooked green beans for our dinner...Caught up on scrabble, e-mail etc... Tomorrow I have tomatoes to roast...Will walk with Pat.

I call this the illusive lily...I planted it several years ago, but it only blooms occasionally and never in the same place...Granted I have moved it but sometimes it seems to grow and bloom only where it wants to...This year I found it hidden among much taller plants so I cut it and brought it into the house...Inside it is so fragrant that the smell is sometime overpowering almost offensive...Outside just a whiff is heavenly...~OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment