Wednesday, September 12, 2012

16 Jars of Salsa...33º

For the second night in a row we had a killing frost...Zucchini, cucumbers, cherry tomato plants all bit the dust...We can glean a few veggies from them and then it will be time to clean up the garden, let the potato vines die down and after we harvest the potatoes we will plant the garlic in that very spot...I think that will be a job for Herb and Rusty as it won't get done before my surgery...I know that with me wielding my cane, they will have it done in no time -:)

Yesterday I left the house about 9am, straight to the produce market and then to Safeway intent on getting onions, peppers, limes and cilantro...Had physical therapy from 10 to 11am and made it to the last 1/2 hour of write group, then to the Range Rider for lunch...2pm I arrived home where Herb and I immediately started on the salsa...Jars were scalded, tomatoes, peppers and cilantro all washed...I peeled and diced the tomatoes while Herb chopped the hot stuff...He shed a few tears but kept at his job and three hours later without stopping for a break we had 16 jars of colorful salsa to add to the cellar shelves...After cleaning up the mess, loading the dishwasher, he treated himself to a bowl of ice cream topped with cherry/rhubarb syrup and I ate leftover chicken, tomatoes and cucumbers, then we collapsed into our respective chairs until bedtime...Salsa is not our favorite thing to make and we say every year, NEVER again!...But it is so pretty in the jars....Hugs to all....OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment