Thursday, September 20, 2012

Smoky Valley...54º

After my morning pre-op at Winding Waters Clinic and a blood draw at the hospital, I had some time to kill before Physical Therapy ...Since the hospital cafeteria is known for its good food and I left home before breakfast, I ordered a whole wheat hot cake with a side of link sausage...The hot cake was excellent the sausage not so, but I was hungry and slicked my plate clean...Next I took the new back road from the hospital to Safeway, bought red peppers and cauliflower for a batch of mustard pickles, circled around to Mountain View Glass where I paid for our shower door and completed the circle at WWC just in time for my PT appointment with Aaron...Aaron as always greets me with a smile, takes the walker I have borrowed from my friend Nancy and instructs me in the proper way to go up and down stairs after surgery, then he uses ultra sound on my knee to alleviate the swelling that appears when I've done too much walking...My surgery is now scheduled for Tuesday 25th about 1pm.

I arrived home and decide the tomatoes need attention...I sort, wash, core, slice and chunk, then pile them on two oiled cookie sheets, sprinkle with dried garlic, basil and salt and slide them into the oven, where they will roast for the next 3 hours while I fix BLT's for our dinner, ice my knee and relax on the deck while Herb takes a 2 hour nap, after doing laundry and watering all morning.

Our Valley was so smoky this morning on my trip home from Enterprise that the sun and mountains were non existent...It looked like a foggy winter day instead of a fall day...Fires are burning in Idaho, Washington and Oregon and will continue until we get rain, none is predicted for the next week.

Mona called around 7pm, their car was unpacked, dinner eaten...Their trip was uneventful and as with the rest of us they are always glad to be back home.

One last chore for me as I scoop the roasted tomatoes into ziplock bags place them in the freezer next to the roasted peppers for use later this winter...Now it is time to crawl into our line dried sheets (smelling a bit smoky) but clean and crisp just like I like them...Hugs to All....OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment